No doubt, it can be said that there is increased pressure on individuals seeking to boost their credit scores, as low credit scores determine if a lender will grant loans out to you or not.
To handle such a challenge, it would be helpful to use a credit building app to help identify your problem areas with finances and improve your credit score.
With this in mind, this article encourages you to examine the following best credit building apps to help determine how you can approach credit handling.
Who Should Use Credit Building Apps?
Credit building apps can be a great tool for anyone who wants to improve their credit score. However, they are especially useful for people who have bad credit or want to establish credit history. If you fall into one of these categories, then you may want to consider using a credit building app to help improve your credit score.
There are a few different types of credit building apps available. Some are designed for people with bad credit, while others are meant for people who have no credit history. There are also some that are specifically designed for people who have both bad credit and no credit history.
No matter which type of credit building app you choose, they all have the same goal: to help you improve your credit score.
Ready to boost your credit score with credit builder apps?
The Best Credit Boosting Apps to Improve Your Credit Score
There are a number of credit building apps available that can help you improve your credit score. Here are some of the best:
SeedFi is a top credit building app where you can borrow without fear, save without stress, and confidently improve your credit scores.
Why we chose it
SeedFi has an attractive feature that notifies users to avoid late payment charges and fees, thus helping users avoid low credit scores. The app has two major plans, which are:
SeedFi Credit Builder Prime
The SeedFi Credit Builder Prime is free and requires no fees or interest charged. All you have to do is to create an account for a line of credit using your name and select payment as low as $10 every other week. Though access to credit is not granted immediately, you must make advance payments on the debt. In this way, once your payment is up to $500, SeedFi grants you access via a savings account where you can use the money.
The benefit of the Credit Builder Prime is that it has a rotational credit structure. This means that your account remains intact after the initial $500, and the cycle repeats itself. All you have to do is to maintain the $500 savings, and you will get access to the funds.
Credit Builder Installment Edition
For the SeedFi Credit Builder Installment Edition, the loan you can get is only $500, and you have the chance to select payments of $10 to $40 per pay period. You should note that the loan length is fixed and determined by the size and frequency of the payments you make. It only takes seven to twenty-seven months to repay the funds, with SeedFi charging about a dollar per month.
However, with the above plans, you can close the account when you feel you have reached the score benefit you need and can qualify for credit on your own.
- Good for immediate cash need
- Great for growing your savings
- No fees or interest
- Free to use
- Good for building credit
- Excellent for building a positive payment history
- Requires SeedFi savings account
- No option to choose a payment date
- No joint account or co-borrower option
- Total funds not immediately available
For the pricing, SeedFi’s “Borrow & Grow” service is where the app makes its money as they take interest charges and sell this feature to you on the app. However, Credit Builder Prime is a free service users can use on the app.
Sable is a secured credit card and bank account that you can open in just 5 minutes.
Why we choose it
Sable offers a secured credit card where you can earn unlimited cash back on all your purchases. It is also easy to use as it gives room for you to access unsecured credit after using its services for four months of on-time payments. As such, try using Sable if you truly want to elevate your credit score.
- Easy set up for autopay for on-time monthly payments
- No soft or hard credit pull
- Premium card perks
- No annual fees
- Easy account freezes
- Reviews online say their customer support isn’t the best
Sable allows you to set a credit limit equal to what you deposit. In essence, if you deposit $400, your credit limit will automatically be $400.
3. Grow Credit
The Grow Credit building app allows millions of Americans to build credit by automatically paying for their subscriptions through an interest-free virtual MasterCard.
Why we choose it
The Grow Credit MasterCard is free to use, which can help you improve your credit significantly. You can pay for Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, and more with the card. It is really helpful as you can leverage your recurring expenses, making it possible for you not to spend any extra money. You’re only using the MasterCard to pay for things you’ve already paid for.
- Build a strong credit history and a diverse credit mix
- Improve and increase your credit scores between 60 and 90 days after enrolling
- A great way to build credit on a revolving basis
- Regular subscriptions can be paid for with a free virtual MasterCard.
- Only one bank account can be added to withdraw
- Paid plans require a security deposit
- Spending limits are very limited on a monthly basis
Four pricing plans are available for Grow Credit, including the Free Build Plan, which allows users to upgrade to a paid account at any time. It’s interesting to note that Grow Credit will report to Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion.
The Kikoff credit building app will help improve your credit score at the most affordable rate.
Why we choose it
As a Kikoff customer and user, you’ll be entitled to a $500 credit line that can be used whenever needed. With Kikoff, your payment history is reported to the three credit bureaus, which can enhance your credit score. Keep in mind that your credit score will not be affected by signing up, and there are no hidden fees. In addition, Kikoff comes with a mobile app, making it user-friendly to use.
- Credit scores won’t be affected by signing up
- Gives a $500 credit line
- Available on mobile application
- Payments can be continued even after your loan has been repaid.
- Utilizes credit more efficiently
- The only way to improve your credit score is to use their products
- Due to the size of the loan you get, it has little impact.
- Considering the loan amount is small, it’s not a good idea to save money
Depending on your needs, Kikoff offers two pricing plans. To begin with, they offer a $2 monthly credit membership that includes a $500 line of credit and access to their online dashboard. Secondly, they offer a credit builder loan, which is more advantageous than a monthly service fee. Even though this is a small loan amount, it is still a good option for building credit scores. The best thing about Kikoff is that it has affordable plans and utilizes credit more efficiently, making it one of the best credit-building apps available.
5. Sky Blue Credit
Sky Blue Credit has been in the credit repair business for many years. They have earned a reputation for excellent customer service.
Why we choose it
With their customer-oriented program, you get the lowest reviewed monthly rate, membership pausing, and 90-day money-back guarantee.
Whether you need complete credit recovery or dispute a few records, they are a great choice.
- You will not be charged any additional fees
- Lowest Monthly Price
- Offers a 90-day money-back guarantee
- Customer service of the highest quality
- Fees for initial work are high
- Available in some states, but not all
The price structure of Sky Blue Credit is fairly straightforward. For the initial setup and consultation process, customers pay $79 in advance. Additionally, there is a monthly membership fee of $79 per month.
6. Credit Sesame
Credit Sesame offers free (and paid options) credit building services to people who want to improve their finances by increasing credit scores.
Why we choose it
Your credit can be managed proactively with various free tools from Credit Sesame. Although Credit Sesame offers premium tools – including access to three credit reports – they are not worth the price. Hence, to keep track of your credit score and get notified when your credit report changes, it is recommended to get at least one app that can help monitor this for you.
- Many of the most useful features of the service are free of charge.
- No-cost identity insurance for $50,000.
- Credit score improvement suggestions are offered.
- Your VantageScore is all that’s shown, which isn’t commonly used by lenders.
- It is only available to partners of Credit Sesame to receive product recommendations.
- There is no point in spending money on premium upgrades for the service.
Many of the most useful features of the service are free of charge.
7. Credit Strong
With Credit Strong, you can improve your credit through a savings account, but it has some important differences.
Why we choose it
One of the features of this credit-building app is its ability to offer up to three different pricing plans with varying credit score improvement options. You will need to be aware that there is a $250,000 government guarantee on your money. Furthermore, your credit score won’t be lost when you sign up because forceful inquiry won’t be done on your account. It is also good to know that the maximum loan amount Credit Strong gives is up to $10,000, which is good for building credit.
- Check your dashboard regularly for updates
- Utilize their business option to establish business credit
- Bad credit doesn’t mean you can’t get approved
- Get updates on your FICO score
- As long as you don’t pay off the loan, you’re stuck with it
- Due to credit laws at Wisconsin and Vermont, this service is not available
Getting approved for the Credit Strong pricing plan does not require good credit, and you can cancel at any time.
Self is a credit building app that can help you boost your credit score by taking out loans and putting them into a Certificate of Deposit. Self will then automatically submit payment history reports to the three major credit bureaus every month after you’ve set up your monthly payments.
Why we choose it
Credit builders like Self are good for improving credit scores since it doesn’t do a credit check or inquiry on your credit report. However, after paying off Self’s credit builder loan, your credit score will change, saving you money. In fact, with your online account, you can access your credit report each month. As such, it can be compared to a savings account with benefits.
- Gives a monthly fee that is affordable
- Credit check is not required
- Provides reports to each of the three credit bureaus
- Reports will be provided for payments made on time
- One missed payment will adversely affect your credit score.
- Savings are not available until the loan is paid off.
- While it may help you build credit, you must also focus on other aspect of your credit.
For the pricing, a minimum of $25 and a maximum of $150 every month are the amounts you can borrow. Still, an administrative fee of $9 that is non-refundable applies to the credit builder account. After that, you will have to pay on a monthly basis until the loan is completely repaid. You can see the pricing page here.
The Extra credit building app is good if you don’t want to use a credit card to build credit.
Why we choose it
You can easily establish credit using Extra without worrying about missed payments or interest charges. The credit builder tool at Extra also rewards you with points. As a result, you will improve your finances and earn rewards that will be useful in the future. To build your Credit with Extra, all you have to do is to link your bank account.
- Your bank account will be connected safely
- Withdrawal of funds is automatic
- View transactions using the Extra app
- Plaid compatibility is required by the bank
- Equifax and Experian are the only reporting agencies
The subscription service on Extra starts at $8 a month and lets users build credit using money they already have while never paying high-interest rates.
Credit history is a record of how you’ve managed to repay debts, such as credit cards and loans. Your credit history is recorded in your credit reports, containing additional information about your finances.
Building a good credit score helps to ascertain if lenders will grant you loans or not. It helps you secure interest rates on mortgage and personal loans.
Credit building apps are a good idea once you notice a low credit score.
Many financial institutions offer credit builder loans, including banks, credit unions, and online lenders like Self and MoneyLion. These loans can have different interest rates, loan amounts, fees, and loan payment rules.
The Final Word
In a perfect world, we would all have great credit scores. But if you need to increase your credit score significantly — then credit builder apps can help you.
Credit builder apps help you improve your credit score by offering free credit monitoring, access to a line of credit or credit building loan. By making on-time payments and keeping your balance low, you can improve your credit score over time. And the best part is, there are many credit builder apps available for free.