- App Store: 4.8 – 51k reviews
- App Store: 4.6 – 122k reviews
Are you interested in learning about the best cash advance apps like Cleo for instant money?
Today I’m going to show you some new strategies to borrow money instantly simply by clicking a few buttons on your cell phone (in under 5 minutes).
The best part? A lot of these cash advance apps work with Varo, Chime, Current and other digital banks and traditional bank accounts.
I get it.
Sometimes you need some extra cash to pay a bill or you’re trying to save up for something you want.
You don’t want to fall behind on bills and are wondering how to get an instant $50 loan or what money borrowing apps can pay you today?
Sure, another 100 dollars paid out early wouldn’t hurt. We’ve all been there, but what do you usually do when that happens? This is an exhaustive list of things that anyone can do, today, in order to get your paycheck early so you can earn money today.
If you’re strapped for time, I’ll go ahead and share the best cash advance apps like Cleo. Try these free mobile applications available in the App Store and Google Play Store — so you can borrow cash with ease:
|Cash Advance App||Cash Advance Max|
But first, what is Cleo?
What is Cleo?
What is Cleo Banking?
With Cleo, you can get a salary advance which is its answer to extortionate overdraft fees and the scary-expensive world of payday loans; it’s part of Cleo Plus, the apps subscription service.
If you qualify, Cleo can give you a no-interest advance of up to $100 to help you stay out of your overdraft. You pick your repayment date – anywhere between 3 and 28 days – and pay Cleo back when you reach it. It won’t affect your credit score, but Cleo Plus is $5.99 per month. The free option gives you access to Cleo’s budgeting tool and digital wallet, plus a weekly quiz with chances to earn cash rewards but you can’t get the salary advance.
$100 may not cut it and you’ll want to find other cash advance apps like Cleo that offer up to a $500 per cash advance.
- You can earn cash back rewards and enjoy salary advances up to $100 with Cleo Plus ($5.99 a month)
- Robust free version that helps you budget, automatically save and track your spending
- You can earn interest on your savings
9 Best Cash Advance Apps Like Cleo
These apps help you get your paycheck early and can help you get paid today.
Albert can spot you up to $250 so you can make ends meet. No late fees, interest, credit check, or hidden hands in your pocket. As long as you have a paycheck and have repaid your past advances, you can request up to 3 cash advances per pay period. There’s no catch and they are offering a 30-day free trial through this link.
- Get an interest-free cash advance of up to $250
- Pay a small fee to get your money instantly or get cash within 2–3 days for free
- Costs $8 per month after a 30 day free-trial
Empower is one of the top cash advance apps like Cleo designed for today’s generation. No matter what lies ahead, they’ll help you thrive by letting you borrow money. By downloading the app you can get a cash advance of up to $250 when you need it most, and save for your future.
You can count on them to have your back and get a cash advance up to $250 directly to your account. No applications, no interest or late fees, no credit checks or credit risk. You just pay them back automatically when you receive your next direct deposit. There’s no catch. It’s that simple.
- Get a no-fee and interest-free cash advance of up to $250
- Use AutoSave to automatically set money aside every week
- Costs $8 per month after a 14-day free trial
With Earnin, you get paid today and can access up to $100 per day from the pay you’ve already earned, without hidden fees or interest. With apps like Earnin there are no mandatory monthly fees or interest. You choose what you want to pay to support the service. This is a radical change from the way the American financial system typically functions.
- Access to your hard-earned cash right when you need it
- No hidden fees, no penalties, no waiting
- Get up to $500 of your paycheck per pay period
4. Chime SpotMe
Traditional banks took $11 Billion in overdraft fees in 2019. At Chime, they do things differently. Instead of charging you an overdraft fee, they allow you to overdraft up to $200* with no fees. So if you need to pay for something but don’t have any money, you can still buy it with Chime SpotMe covering you. There are a ton of apps that work with Chime so it’s a flexible option for any consumer.
- Qualify for up to $200 overdraft without paying any fees with SpotMe*
- No monthly fees and no minimum opening balance
- Get paid up to 2 days early with direct deposit*
Brigit is another instant loan app that can help anyone get paid today. By downloading the free app on iOS or Android — you can join 3 million members who get paid up to $250, budget, and save smarter with Brigit. Only takes 2-minutes. Brigit has no credit check and no interest so you can get your finances on track.
- Tap to get an advance within seconds
- Get up to $250
- No credit check is required and no interest
- Pay it back without hidden fees or “tips"
MoneyLion is banking that gives you more, a lot more so you can get paid today. You can get spotted $250 at any time with no interest with Instacash. This gets you 0% APR cash advances up to $250 to help you cover essentials and surprises, just apply here and link your checking account (no monthly fee). Plus, you can get your paycheck up to two days early with RoarMoney – plus easy ways to borrow, save, invest, and earn. All in one app.
- The maximum advance is $250
- No interest. No monthly fee. No credit check
- Link your checking account to qualify for 0% APR cash advances
Apps like Klover can give you some extra cash before payday. Just have at least three consistent direct deposits within the past two months with no gaps in pay with the same employer; once you meet those requirements feel free to apply and request a boost of a $100 cash advance.
Branch offers a mobile digital wallet for working Americans. An on-demand hub that helps them meet their everyday financial needs, this get paid today app allows any employee to receive a payroll advance (up to $500 in earned wages per paycheck), manage their cash flow, and spend anywhere – all from their smartphone.
The Dave app prides itself on being banking for humans. Meet the banking app that puts your financial mind at ease. Get paid up to two days early, build your credit history and get up to $500 advances without paying a fee. 7 million members and counting consider Dave one of the top reliable cash advance apps.
- Dave is an app that provides an advance of up to $500 on your next paycheck
- Only required fee is a monthly $1 subscription fee
- An optional express fee from $1.99 to $13.99 to receive funds within an hour (instead of the standard two to three days)
More Financial Assistance During Pandemic
There are payday apps like Cleo that can help you get your paycheck early so you get paid today. When you need cash to make it to payday, these apps can be a huge help. All these payday apps are listed in this article.
There are websites where you can get paid instantly by completing online activities. You essentially get paid to do something on sites like Swagbucks or InboxDollars.
There are a few apps that will you free money, which we’ve listed in this article.
Yes, you may borrow money for a short time using one of these cash advance applications. They’re available to download and use from your smartphone, so the cash can be distributed quickly and from anywhere.
You should submit your application for a cash advance using the chosen app. To receive the cash you want, provide your personal and banking details.
A checking account must be linked to the app of your choice for every borrower. Otherwise, the borrow money app won’t be able to deposit money for you to meet your demands.
You may pick the applications that allow you to borrow money from your future salary. This way, before the next payday, you will get the funds you have already earned and return them automatically once your wages are paid into your account.
External resources, so you don’t have to do the research:
1) Have you lost your job? You can file for unemployment. Apps like Brigit also have automatic advance extensions for any user who has filed for unemployment. No questions asked.
2) Need some government help? Smarts is tracking everything to do with the government’s two trillion dollar stimulus package. Are you eligible? How much will you get and do you need to file? It’s all here.
3) Looking to earn money? We have two articles about this, one for people looking for full-time online jobs and another for people looking for part time income (the gig economy).
4) Worried about bills? Read an article from our team on ways to save money on groceries. Credit card companies and some banks are also delaying payments, waiving fees, and removing interest charges. You can get out ahead of these problems.
5) Trying to stretch your budget? Check out our guide on living cheap. Maybe you already know it all, but maybe there are some tidbits in there to help.
Borrow Responsibly when Using Payday Loan Apps Like Cleo
If you’re like most people, any new financial need or demand makes you irritated and tense. The best money borrowing app can help you meet your immediate demands without delay or having to seek secured personal loans. Since you’re likely unready for financial emergencies and each additional financial obligation can put you on edge.
There are several advantages of borrowing money via an app rather than going to a local bank or pawnshop to try and get quick cash. Even though there are many lending institutions in each city today, you may not be aware of all the nuances, interest rates and fees among them.
Every potential borrower must understand that he or she is fully responsible for any loan or cash advance obtained. This money should not be taken for granted, since it will only be used for a brief period of time.
Finally, such small amounts of loaned money can’t accommodate long-term financial objectives. Consider alternative ways to finance your long-term goals and needs, or try to increase your income potential with side hustles.
With that said, good luck with borrowing money with these cash advance apps!
*Chime SpotMe is an optional, no fee service that requires a single deposit of $200 or more in qualifying direct deposits to the Chime Checking Account each month. All qualifying members will be allowed to overdraw their account up to $20 on debit card purchases and cash withdrawals initially, but may be later eligible for a higher limit of up to $200 or more based on member’s Chime Account history, direct deposit frequency and amount, spending activity and other risk-based factors. Your limit will be displayed to you within the Chime mobile app. You will receive notice of any changes to your limit. Your limit may change at any time, at Chime’s discretion. Although there are no overdraft fees, there may be out-of-network or third party fees associated with ATM transactions. SpotMe won’t cover non-debit card transactions, including ACH transfers, Pay Anyone transfers, or Chime Checkbook transactions. See Terms and Conditions.
^Early access to direct deposit funds depends on the timing of the submission of the payment file from the payer. We generally make these funds available on the day the payment file is received, which may be up to 2 days earlier than the scheduled payment date.